Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes professional occupations in finance not elsewhere classified such as financial planners, financial examiners and inspectors, financial investigators, financial underwriters, mortgage brokers and trust officers. They are employed by banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed.
credit unions examiner, estate and trust administrator, financial investigator, financial planner, financial underwriter, inspector, financial institutions, mortgage broker, trust officer.
- Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.
- Financial examiners and inspectors review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Financial investigators investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
- Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
- Trust officers administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts, direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
- Mortgage brokers meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged, and negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Financial Officers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 30 - Jul 04, 2014
- Ford Motor Company of Canada will reduce the number of 5.4 L V8 engines produced at its Essex Engine Plant in Windsor, resulting in the loss of 82 jobs
- Detroit-based Quicken Loans Inc. and the City of Windsor have launched an employment website. The company is looking to fill information technology positions.
- The Windsor Family Credit Union will open a new retail location in the Town of Amherstburg in July, with plans to open additional locations next year in downtown Windsor and at the University of Windsor campus
- Date Modified: