Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Windsor - Sarnia region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 02 - Feb 06, 2015
- Bluewater Health plans to cut approximately 33 jobs this year due to an expected budget shortfall
- Bain's BBQ & Smokehouse opened in Sarnia in late December 2014, creating 20 jobs
- The $35M multi-year Detroit-Windsor tunnel plaza renovation project is officially complete and includes a new commercial customs and bus inspection building, improved parking and an expanded footprint to take traffic lineups off city streets
- Sarnia-based public utility Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation has purchased renewable energy company Unconquered Sun Solar Technologies Inc. (USST), resulting in five new jobs and plans to hire up to 10 more employees at USST
- The automotive component manufacturer Nemak of Canada Corp. will spend about $15M, aided by $1.5M from the Province of Ontario to upgrade its production line and increase capacity, creating 80 jobs over the next four years.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will spend close to $2B on the Windsor plant and will hire up to 600 electricians to work on the three-month re-tooling project beginning in February
- Hinduja Global Solutions Canada Ltd. is investing $4M in a Windsor call centre in Tecumseh Mall. The call centre will employ 120 workers in February and expects to have 600 workers by the fall 2015.
- Nature Fresh Farms in Leamington is undergoing a 30-acre expansion that will employ up to 60 workers and is expected to be completed by early 2016. The company is seeking workers in various trades including electricians, fabricators and welders.
- Construction has begun on a new Joseph's Farm Market location in Windsor on Walker Road where a job fair will be held in March to fill up to 50 positions
- Date Modified: