Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Windsor - Sarnia region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- Site preparation has begun on Suncor Energy Inc. and NextEra Energy Canada's 46-turbine Cedar Point Wind Power Project in Plympton-Wyoming, Lambton Shores and Warwick. The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
- Aalbers Tool and Mold Inc. in Essex County will spend close to $10M on new machinery and staff training. The Government of Ontario will contribute $1M to the project, creating 33 jobs and retaining 106 existing ones.
- Fashion retailer, Forever 21, Inc., will open a store in Windsor called F21 Red in Devonshire Mall this fall
- Leamington medical marijuana grower, Aphria Inc., plans to expand starting in June, creating up to 20 new jobs
- An urgent care clinic will open this August in South Windsor, containing an optometrist's office, a pharmacy, and a medical and X-ray lab
- Community Patient Transfer Group, a non-urgent medical transit company, expanded into Windsor in March. The company hired 15 of the workers that were laid off from the closure of Care Medical Transportation Services.
- Sutherland Global Services, a Windsor business process and technology management services company, projects it will hire 400 new staff over the next three months
- Auto parts company TRW Automotive is expanding and has contracted with Mid South Land Development Corp. to build its second Windsor location, a $10M plant that is expected to be completed by May. The employer plans to add 60 new staff. The new building will be used for warehousing and light assembly.
- The University of Windsor plans to hire up to 50 new faculty members
- Auto parts manufacturer, HBPO Canada Inc., is undergoing a $1.6M expansion and will add 12 new workers to its Windsor plant as a result of a 5-year contract renewal with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Windsor auto parts firm Mayson Machining Ltd. has opened a second plant on Pilette Road and plans to hire toolmakers, control technicians and labourers
- Care Medical Transportation Services in Windsor-Essex closed in March affecting 24 staff
- Marshalls will open a new retail store in Windsor in March
- Gilpin Funeral Chapel Ltd. has officially opened a new full-service location in Sarnia in March
- JMHI Insurance Group will open a new location in Wallaceburg this spring
- Windsor's newest craft brewery, Craft Heads Brewing Company, opened in February
- Commissioning of BioAmber Inc.'s $135M bio-succinic acid plant in Sarnia has begun, even though construction will continue for another few months. It is expected to be fully operational in the fall.
- Westhoek Construction Ltd. was awarded a $3M contract for the Chatham-Kent Hospice, with construction to begin in the coming weeks
- Date Modified: