Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Windsor - Sarnia region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 06 - Oct 10, 2014
- The Atelka Inc. call centre in Sarnia, which works for client Rogers Communications Inc., will hire an additional 200 staff by March 2015, increasing its total staff to 400
- GreenField Specialty Alcohols Inc. will invest $40M into capital projects at its Chatham plant, creating up to eight new jobs for engineers, chemists, process operators and instrument technologists
- Brightenview Development International Inc. plans to build a $45M Global Development Centre in Bleinheim. The 680,000 sq. ft. complex will provide manufacturing space and support services for up to 100 offshore businesses and create up to 500 jobs.
- Work has begun on a $3.2M project to install toll booth technology on the Canadian side of the Blue Water Bridge in Point Edward near Sarnia
- Construction firm Bre-Ex Ltd. has been awarded a $2.5M contract for the Phase I environmental remediation of the contaminated Centennial Park in Sarnia
- DeAngelis Construction Inc. of Windsor has been awarded a $17.8M contract to build Phase II of Lakeshore's Atlas Tube Centre in Essex County
- HGS Canada Inc. will open a new call centre in Windsor by early 2015, creating about 400 customer service and support jobs.
- The Municipality of Chatham-Kent will outsource some children's services, affecting up to 23 workers at the May Court Childcare Learning Centre in Chatham and Wallaceburg Childcare Learning Centre in Wallaceburg
- Burger King Corporation will close its only restaurant in Sarnia in October, affecting up to 22 employees
- Thamesville's Greenhill Produce Ltd. will expand their hydroponic greenhouse facility in Harwich and create up to 60 jobs
- The Suncor Energy Inc. refinery in Sarnia is undergoing two months of scheduled maintenance involving about 1,000 employees and contractors
- Renovations to Bothwell's former Town Hall in Chatham-Kent are about to start. Westhoek Construction Ltd. and Dig'R Wright Excavating Inc. have been contracted for the $535,000 project.
- Leamington's Competitive Green Technologies in collaboration with the University of Guelph, will receive a $3M grant from the Government of Canada to conduct a four-year project to turn non-food crops into industrial plastics
- About 20 medical staff at the Leamington District Memorial Hospital will be laid off by December 2014
- Date Modified: