Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Windsor - Sarnia region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 04 - Aug 08, 2014
- The Village at St. Clair, a new long-term care facility in Windsor, opened in July creating 325 new jobs
- Windsor Regional Hospital's Ouellette Campus received $18M from the Government of Ontario to expand its cardiac catheterization lab, with construction expected to begin in 2015
- Construction has begun on NextEra Energy Canada, ULC's $400M Jericho Wind Energy project in Lambton Shores and Warwick Township. It will temporarily employ about 200 construction workers and create 8-10 full-time maintenance jobs once operational.
- Food producer Bonduelle North America will rebuild its Tecumseh plant after a fire destroyed its warehouse area in July. Up to 200 full-time, 250 seasonal workers and about 110 growers are affected as the site is restored and limited production resumes.
- Date Modified: