Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Windsor - Sarnia region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 15 - Sep 19, 2014
- Thamesville's Greenhill Produce Ltd. will expand their hydroponic greenhouse facility in Harwich and create up to 60 jobs
- The Suncor Energy Inc. refinery in Sarnia is undergoing two months of scheduled maintenance involving about 1,000 employees and contractors
- Renovations to Bothwell's former Town Hall in Chatham-Kent are about to start. Westhoek Construction Ltd. and Dig'R Wright Excavating Inc. have been contracted for the $535,000 project.
- Leamington's Competitive Green Technologies in collaboration with the University of Guelph, will receive a $3M grant from the Government of Canada to conduct a four-year project to turn non-food crops into industrial plastics
- About 20 medical staff at the Leamington District Memorial Hospital will be laid off by December 2014
- Tecumseh's James Sylvestre Enterprises 2003 is currently building a $600K showroom and aftermarket garage for Strickland's Automart in Lakeshore to be completed in October. The Automart plans to hire six new staff.
- French Catholic School École Ste. Marie in Chatham will receive $1.9M for classroom additions and $500k to expand its daycare area, due to increasing enrolment
- Essex County's TVM Ltd., a logistics company on County Rd. 14 E. in Cottam, is expanding its terminal. Grossi Construction of Leamington began work on the $1.2M project in July, with completion expected by the end of 2014.
- The University of Windsor EPICentre will receive a $1.1M grant from the Government of Ontario's Youth Jobs Strategy to help support youth entrepreneurs
- Construction of the aquatic centre and walking trails of Lakeshore¿s Atlas Tube Centre, a $36M multi-use recreational facility, is set to begin in November. Rinks A and B opened to the public in September.
- Windsor restaurant Tunnel-Bar-B-Q closed in September after 73 years, affecting up to 50 staff. The property has been sold and will become the site of a new University of Windsor arts facility.
- The City of Sarnia will close the Coronation Park Day Nursery in November, affecting 40 staff
- Construction work is underway to reverse the pipeline flow at Enbridge Inc.'s Plank Rd. site in Sarnia, employing about 38 workers
- Date Modified: