Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
assistant executive housekeeper, executive housekeeper, hospital executive housekeeper, hotel executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, housekeeping manager.
- Establish and implement operational procedures for the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Co-ordinate the inspection of assigned areas to ensure that health regulations, safety standards and departmental policies are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Outlook & Prospects for Executive Housekeepers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- B.D.M. Millwrights Inc. is expanding and will move from Blenheim to a larger facility in Chatham by the end of August. It is currently seeking 15 additional workers including millwrights, welder-fitters, fabricators and designers.
- Sarnia-Lambton will host the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge this November. The 24-game tournament will be held at RBC Centre, the Shores Recreation Centre and the Sarnia Arena.
- Cadillac Cabs Inc., Wallaceburg's sole taxi company, laid off six staff in July, including three dispatchers and three drivers
- Northland Power Inc. has received provincial approval to construct the 40-turbine Grand Bend Wind Farm near the eastern shores of Lake Huron. The $380M project is expected to generate 150 construction jobs and up to eight positions once operational.
- The Windsor Family Credit Union has opened its eighth retail location in June in downtown Windsor
- East River Solutions Ltd., a machining company, has expanded into Wallaceburg with plans to hire five additional staff over the next year
- Ubiquity Solar Inc. has received $3.1M from the Government of Canada for a proposed $11M pilot plant to build solar panel materials in Sarnia. The company plans to develop a full scale plant with a potential for 500 jobs over the next five years.
- Amherstburg's $34.1M upgraded wastewater treatment plant officially opened in June
- Sun Media Corporation closed its call centre at the Bayside Centre in Sarnia as operations were moved offshore, affecting about 80 workers
- Date Modified: