Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Casino Occupations in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Casino Occupations (NOC 6443) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 1,375 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey. There is a significant concentration of workers in this occupation in the region given the proximity to the U.S. and the presence of large casino and gaming facilities. Declining revenues for casino operations led to the closure of slot machine facilities in Windsor and Sarnia in 2012, resulting in job losses in this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 27 - Oct 31, 2014
- The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Slots at Dresden Raceway is hiring cashiers, slot attendants, marketing representatives, security and surveillance staff for part-time, full-time and contract positions
- Construction of the aquatic centre and walking trails of Lakeshore¿s Atlas Tube Centre, a $36M multi-use recreational facility, is set to begin in November. Rinks A and B opened to the public in September.
- Wallaceburg's Baldoon Golf Club in Chatham-Kent has been sold and the course will be converted to farmland
- Sarnia-Lambton will host the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge this November. The 24-game tournament will be held at RBC Centre, the Shores Recreation Centre and the Sarnia Arena.
- Date Modified: