Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Gambling casino workers operate gaming tables, maintain slot machines, accept keno wagers, pay out winning bets and jackpots and collect losing bets. They are employed by gambling casinos. Supervisors of gambling casino workers are included in this unit group.
croupier, gambling dealer, casino, keno runner, casino, keno writer, pit boss, gambling casino, shift manager, gambling casino, slot machine attendant, gambling casino, slot supervisor, supervisor, gaming tables.
- Operate gaming tables and games such as roulette, blackjack, keno, baccarat and poker
- Explain rules of games to patrons and ensure that rules are followed
- Accept keno wagers and issue computerized tickets for selection
- Determine winners or announce winning numbers
- Calculate and pay out winning bets and jackpots, collect losing bets and maintain related reports
- Fill slot machines with coins and assist patrons experiencing difficulties with machines
- Perform minor adjustments to slot machines.
- Supervise the activities of casino workers
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities of staff working at gaming tables and slot machines
- Train casino staff
- Resolve problems that arise, such as patrons' complaints and work-related issues.
Outlook & Prospects for Casino Occupations in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 20 - Jan 24, 2014
- Adventure Bay Family Water Park, a section of the City of Windsor's $78M aquatic complex, opened in January
- The new $5M Galaxy Cinema Sarnia will open in June at the Lambton Mall, replacing the Famous Players Lambton theatre
- Caesars Windsor has laid off thirty full-time and eight part-time employees in the food and beverage, culinary and resort operations departments
- Star Theatres in Leamington has closed. Low attendance and cost to upgrade theatre equipment were cited as reasons.
- Date Modified: