Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Cashiers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year. Employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the winter months.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 6,740 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail trade (NAICS 44-45): 75%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 16%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 46% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 41% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 13% compared to 19% for all occupations
Please refer to the Ontario tab for more information related to occupational trends.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 11 - Apr 15, 2016
- Davy Jones Quality Meats will open a second store location at Bayside Centre mall in downtown Sarnia this fall
- A new Windsor Family Credit Union Community Pool at the Atlas Tube Center in Lakeshore is expected to open in summer 2016. Hiring of 50 to 70 staff for the facility is expected to begin in February 2016.
- Ariius, a 590 person-capacity premium nightclub, opened at the Caesars Windsor casino
- Date Modified: