Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Cashiers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-31|
For the 2013-2015 period, employment opportunities for cashiers are expected to be good in the Windsor-Sarnia economic region. This is one of the largest occupations in the region with a labour force over 6,500 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 27 - Oct 31, 2014
- The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Slots at Dresden Raceway is hiring cashiers, slot attendants, marketing representatives, security and surveillance staff for part-time, full-time and contract positions
- Burger King Corporation will close its only restaurant in Sarnia in October, affecting up to 22 employees
- Construction of the aquatic centre and walking trails of Lakeshore¿s Atlas Tube Centre, a $36M multi-use recreational facility, is set to begin in November. Rinks A and B opened to the public in September.
- Windsor restaurant Tunnel-Bar-B-Q closed in September after 73 years, affecting up to 50 staff. The property has been sold and will become the site of a new University of Windsor arts facility.
- Wallaceburg's Baldoon Golf Club in Chatham-Kent has been sold and the course will be converted to farmland
- Date Modified: