Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Cashiers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 6,540 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 18 - Jan 22, 2016
- A new Windsor Family Credit Union Community Pool at the Atlas Tube Center in Lakeshore is expected to open in summer 2016. Hiring of 50 to 70 staff for the facility is expected to begin in February 2016.
- Ariius, a 590 person-capacity premium nightclub, opened at the Caesars Windsor casino
- Spago Trattoria E Pizzeria opened a second restaurant in Windsor on the corner of Dougall Avenue and Cabana Road West, creating 35 new jobs
- Hampton Inn by Hilton will open in early 2016 in Point Edward, Lambton County and employ around 30 staff
- Date Modified: