Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Cashiers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 6,540 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 03 - Aug 07, 2015
- Electro-Byte Technologies Inc., a local internet service provider in Sarnia, is closing, leaving 12 people out of work
- M.R. Meat Market opened a third Windsor location in July on Walker Road
- Parks Canada will invest $11M into restoration and upgrades at Point Pelee National Park, expected to be completed by the end of next year
- Giant Tiger Stores Limited opened a second location in Sarnia in June, creating 40 full- and part-time jobs
- Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino has laid off 47 full-time and 15 part-time unionized workers in finance and hospitality positions. Affected staff may apply for 29 full-time and 18 part-time casino jobs recently posted.
- Date Modified: