Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Cashiers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 6,740 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 75%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 16%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 46% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 41% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 13% compared to 19% for all occupations
Please refer to the Ontario tab for more information related to occupational trends.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 22 - Aug 26, 2016
- Audi Windsor will hold a job fair on September 7th between 3:00 and 7:00 p.m. at the Tecumseh Recreation Complex at 12021 McNorton St. The new dealership is expected to open in December.
- The Dutch Market Ltd., a grocery and specialty food store in Chatham, is relocating to a newly-expanded location in the city's downtown core, creating between 20 and 30 jobs. Opening day is planned for September 15
- A Domino's Pizza of Canada Ltd. franchise and Yalla Yalla Shawarma Resto & Cafe are expected to open at Windsor Crossing Outlet Mall over the next few weeks
- Sleep Country Canada, a mattress retailer, will open a new location in Chatham by November 2016
- Lee Valley Tools Ltd. is recruiting for various positions for its new location in Windsor, scheduled to open later this year
- The Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) restaurants in Petrolia and Forest will close at the end of the year, affecting around 26 employees
- Date Modified: