Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|London Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-31|
For the 2013-2015 period, employment opportunities for truck drivers are expected to be good in the London economic region. This was the fifth largest occupation in the region with a labour force of about 7,000 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- Two London companies, Artisan Metal Finishing and Attica Manufacturing Inc., will receive provincial government grants totaling $600K towards a $6M investment in new equipment and employee training, creating 33 new jobs and retaining 53 existing ones
- The Government of Canada is investing $8.1M into Fanshawe College's Canadian Centre for Product Validation in London, creating 115 permanent jobs and 50 temporary jobs during the project
- Cargill Value Added Meats in London is hiring 60 seasonal general labourers this summer
- General Motors of Canada Ltd. will invest $560M into its Cami assembly plant in Ingersoll, securing about 3,000 jobs at the plant
- The Hilton London Ontario is currently undergoing renovations. Once the remodel is completed in August, the site will be rebranded as a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel.
- Date Modified: