Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|London Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-31|
For the 2013-2015 period, employment opportunities for truck drivers are expected to be good in the London economic region. This was the fifth largest occupation in the region with a labour force of about 7,000 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 09 - Feb 13, 2015
- General Motors of Canada Ltd. will invest $560M into its Cami assembly plant in Ingersoll, securing about 3,000 jobs at the plant
- The Hilton London Ontario is currently undergoing renovations. Once the remodel is completed in August, the site will be rebranded as a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel.
- Seasonings manufacturer McCormick Canada Inc. received over $354K from the provincial government towards a $3.5M production upgrade at its London plant, creating 27 new full-time jobs
- Kellogg Canada Inc.'s cereal plant in London closed permanently in December 2014, affecting the remaining 130 employees
- TIM-BR MART Group will close its Victoriaville, Quebec distribution centre and consolidate operations at its London site in April 2015, retaining 135 current staff and adding 120 jobs at that location
- Date Modified: