Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|London Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-31|
For the 2013-2015 period, employment opportunities for truck drivers are expected to be good in the London economic region. This was the fifth largest occupation in the region with a labour force of about 7,000 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 01 - Dec 05, 2014
- TIM-BR MART Group will close its Victoriaville, Quebec distribution centre and consolidate operations at its London site in April 2015, retaining 135 current staff and adding 120 jobs at that location
- Centennial Windows & Doors in London is expanding and planning to add 30 more workers over two years, mostly for manufacturing and installation activities. The company also expects to open two sales offices in Eastern Ontario.
- General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada in London obtained a $287M contract from the Government of Canada to provide enhanced surveillance systems to 66 upgraded Light Armoured Vehicles, sustaining 60 positions and creating spin-off job benefits
- The GM CAMI Assembly plant in Ingersoll announced plans to hire up to 120 part-time workers
- DAVWIRE (Defense & Aviation Wiring Inc.) is expanding its facilities in London and will add about 12 positions as a result of entering into an agreement to acquire the manufacturing division of Rutter Inc. of St. John's, Newfoundland
- The Kellogg's Canada Inc. plant in London will be laying off about 300 workers in September and 180 workers upon the plant's closure in December
- Date Modified: