Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Photographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects. Photographers are employed by photographic studios, newspapers, magazines, museums and government, or they may be self-employed.
aerial photographer, commercial photographer, forensic photographer, industrial photographer, photographer, photojournalist, portrait photographer, scientific photographer.
- Study requirements of a particular assignment and decide on type of camera, film, lighting and background accessories to be used
- Determine picture composition, make technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
- May operate scanners to transfer photographic images to computers
- May operate computers to manipulate photographic images
- May adapt existing photographic images and create new digitized images to be included in multimedia/newmedia products
- May use delicate instruments, such as optical microscopes attached to cameras
- May process exposed film
- May use airbrush, computer or other techniques to retouch negatives
- Medical photographers may work closely with medical illustrators.
Photographers may specialize in areas such as portrait photography, commercial photography, scientific photography, forensic photography, medical photography, digitized photography, multimedia photography or photojournalism.
Outlook & Prospects for Photographers in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 05 - Nov 09, 2012
- Synergie-Contact may open a new call centre in Edmundston (available in French only)
- Provincial and federal governments invest in the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB) - Campus d¿Edmundston for its Biorefinery Technology Scale-up Centre in Grand Falls
- Date Modified: