Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers engaged in underground and surface mining operations and quarries. They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines and quarries.
fill foreman/woman, foreman/woman, underground mine, level boss, mine captain, mine foreman/woman, shift boss, supervisor, mine, supervisor, quarry, supervisor, surface mine, track boss, yard boss.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who extract coal, minerals and ore; operate underground conveyances; and perform other services in support of underground mining, or of heavy equipment operators, drillers, blasters and other workers in surface mining and quarrying
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments and contractors to resolve problems and co-ordinate activities
- Oversee the safety of the mining or quarrying operation
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmundston--Woodstock Region||<Not assigned>||2011-05-26|
According to the most recent (2006) Census, this is a small occupational group with a labour force of 0, and an unemployment rate (0%) that is below the average (8%) for all occupations in the area.
- Date Modified: