Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Urban and Land Use Planners (NOC 2153) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 21 - Nov 25, 2016
- Tweedside Road Home Decor has opened a second retail location in Fredericton. The first store, located in Saint Andrews, has been in operation since 2014.
- The city of Fredericton has increased its allocation on water and sewage projects in 2017 by $15M, with the federal and provincial governments committing 50% and 25% of the total costs, respectively. These projects are expected to generate additional economic activity and employment opportunities.
- IBM's Qradar security intelligence program now employs 400 people. The office started with 40 employees, with the acquisition of Fredericton-based Q1 Labs.
- A new $5M education centre for pre-school children and a daycare have opened in the Chief Harold Sappier School in St. Mary¿s First Nation
- SimpTek Technologies, a Fredericton software company, is in the process of marketing its energy metering technology to new markets in Québec, Ontario and New England. The company¿s expansion plan includes hiring a few more staff, forming new partnerships with other utilities and recruiting sales people in different regions.
- Date modified: