Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Meteorological Technicians (NOC 2213) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 26 - Sep 30, 2016
- Princess Auto has begun construction of its third location in New Brunswick, which will open in Fredericton in the spring of 2017. The 20,000 square foot space will be located in the Corbett Centre and will employ 35 staff.
- Construction has begun on a new $17.6M Kingswood Cambria Suites Hotel in Fredericton. The hotel will create 100 new jobs and will be next to the largest indoor water park in Atlantic Canada, both slated to open in September 2017. The water park will employ 30 staff.
- Maritime Law Book, a Fredericton law book publisher, will be shutting down after 51 years in business. At its peak the company employed 75 people, but are now down to 23 staff.
- The University of New Brunswick will be hosting its 2016 Career and Education Options Fair on September 29 at the Richard J. Currie Center's performance gym in Fredericton. Post-secondary education students will be able to connect with over 60 employers and 20 educational institutions.
- TrailWay Brewing Company, a Fredericton microbrewery, is expanding again with the help of ACOA. The brewing company is upgrading its location and purchasing equipment to help the microbrewery increase production.
- Accreon Inc., a Fredericton information technology company, is going to create up to 120 full-time jobs with the help of a $1.5M payroll rebate from Opportunities NB. Jobs would include technical and software development and support positions.
- LiveOps Cloud, a contact centre service provider, will create 50 new information technology jobs in Fredericton thanks to $825K in payroll rebates from Opportunities New Brunswick. The positions will require a combination of information technology and software skills.
- Date modified: