Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The federal and provincial governments are investing $5M in the Atlantic Cancer Research Institute for new research, development, and commercialization activities. They are also providing $2M for big data applications at the University of New Brunswick.
- Cedar Tree Café, a Mediterranean-style restaurant in downtown Fredericton, has closed
- Whimsy, a specialty boutique that sells a variety of items made by almost 70 local artisans, has opened on Main Street in Fredericton
- Construction has begun on the $9.12M, 30-bed addition to the Carleton Manor nursing home in Woodstock
- Kings Landing Historical Settlement has received $300,000 in provincial funding to develop new programming and to maintain current staff levels. The outdoor living museum in Prince William currently employs 150 people.
- Several new businesses have opened in downtown Fredericton in the past few months. New restaurants on Queen Street include Vault 29, a Prohibition-themed pub, as well as 540 Kitchen & Bar, a gastropub, and Chess Piece Patisserie & Café. Second Spin Records, a store selling used and new vinyl records, is expected to open in August on York Street.
- Date Modified: