Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer Officers, Water Transport (NOC 2274) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Goji's Frozen Yogurt opened on Regent St. in Fredericton. The store will employ six people and it is the seventh location in New Brunswick.
- Skillsoft, a multi-national e-learning technology company, has laid off about 50 workers in its Fredericton location
- Apple Tree Market, a new grocery story featuring local and natural food, opened on April 30 in Gagetown. The owners have also been operating the Lazy Farmer, a small farm and hostel in the village, for a number of years.
- Demolition has begun to make way for the new $20M Hilton Garden Inn that is being built adjacent to the Convention Centre in Fredericton's downtown core
- Atelka Enterprise Inc. is expanding its call centre operations in Fredericton and will be adding 100 jobs over the next year to deal with customer care calls for the national wireless company Fido that will bring the total number of employees close to 300. Seventy-five of those positions will be starting within the next several months.
- In the first quarter of 2016, passenger traffic at the Fredericton International Airport has grown 22% compared to the same period last year. Air Canada flights along with additional WestJet service and three sun charter destinations combined, have created double-digit growth.
- Canadian Forces Base Gagetown has a new $6.7M maintenance facility. The upgrade will allow professional maintainers to keep equipment functioning at optimum capacity.
- The Oromocto Community Health Clinic will be in a new location on Mitchell St. as of May 1 with a staff consisting of a physician, nurse practitioners, nurse, licensed practical nurse, social worker, registered dietician and administrative support.
- Date Modified: