Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer officers, water transport (NOC 2274) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 06 - Mar 10, 2017
- According to the Multicultural Association of Fredericton (MCAF), 88 of the 559 Syrian refugees who came to the capital city last year have obtained some form of employment
- Relish Gourmet Burgers will soon be filing for bankruptcy, according to the owners of the business. While all the corporate locations are now closed, franchise locations in Halifax and Vancouver will remain open, as they are independent operators.
- The provincial government has announced payroll support of $50,000 to help Locavore, a Fredericton based food company, hire 10 new full-time employees
- The provincial government has pledged $400,000 in payroll rebates to Quick Service Software to create 50 new full-time jobs over a four-year period. The Fredericton-based software company currently employs 50.
- The first Cheese Curds/Habaneros Modern Taco Bar will open in Oromocto in late May or early June and will employ between 20 and 25 people. This will be the owner's first foray into NB, after operating in NS for more than five years.
- The provincial government will spend $4.4M during the 2017-2018 fiscal year to prepare for a 10-year, $200M expansion and upgrade of the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital. Actual construction will begin in 2018.
- Date modified: