Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Technical Occupations in Therapy and Assessment in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Fredericton--Oromocto||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Other Technical Occupations in Therapy and Assessment (NOC 3235) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 18 - Jan 22, 2016
- AV Nackawic indicates the company will need to fill about 180 positions at its pulp mill in Nackawic over the next five years due to an aging workforce. The mill currently employs about 400 people directly.
- Red Rover Brewing Company will hire at least two more workers in the coming months as it expands its Fredericton cider operation, while York County Cider Corp plans to open a cider microbrewery on York Street in Fredericton within the next few weeks
- Minacs will close its call centre in Fredericton by the end of January 2016, affecting the jobs of 82 workers. The closure of the Minacs operation in Bathurst, announced earlier in the year, will be completed by the end of November.
- According to the airport authority, job growth is expected to continue at the Fredericton International Airport (YFC) as it expands in the coming years. WestJet and Strategic Aviation have both recently added staff at YFC.
- Date Modified: