Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Technical Occupations in Therapy and Assessment in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Fredericton--Oromocto||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Other Technical Occupations in Therapy and Assessment (NOC 3235) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Other Technical Occupations in Therapy and Assessment in the Fredericton - Oromocto region:
- Approximately 460 people work in this occupation.
- Other Technical Occupations in Therapy and Assessment mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 50%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 48%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- TrailWay Brewing Company, a Fredericton microbrewery, is expanding again with the help of ACOA. The brewing company is upgrading its location and purchasing equipment to help the microbrewery increase production.
- Accreon Inc., a Fredericton information technology company, is going to create up to 120 full-time jobs with the help of a $1.5M payroll rebate from Opportunities NB. Jobs would include technical and software development and support positions.
- LiveOps Cloud, a contact centre service provider, will create 50 new information technology jobs in Fredericton thanks to $825K in payroll rebates from Opportunities New Brunswick. The positions will require a combination of information technology and software skills.
- The University of New Brunswick in Fredericton announced that it will build a $36M Centre for Healthy Living on its campus. The building must be completed within two years and will create well-paying research jobs.
- Campus Pharmacy at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, NB opened to students and the general public in August. The business, which currently employs one pharmacist, expects to hire more staff depending on demand.
- Fredericton-based Loft1 Inc. will receive more than $1M from the federal and provincial governments to further develop its Smart Board software. The company is seeking additional software engineers, which it finds difficult to recruit at times.
- Date Modified: