Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Fredericton--Oromocto||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) (NOC 7421) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year. Employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the winter months.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 13 - Jul 17, 2015
- The federal government will invest $21M over the next two years in infrastructure improvements at CFB Gagetown
- The Government of Canada, through ACOA, is providing a repayable loan of $500,000 toward the addition of a waterpark at Kingswood Entertainment Centre in Fredericton. The park will open alongside a new resort hotel in June 2016.
- A new splash pad and wading pool will be built in Fredericton this summer and be open by 2016. The new facility will cost $826,000 and replace the existing splash pad in the city.
- The Government of Canada will provide over $500,000 to the Mactaquac Biodiversity Facility for repairs and upgrades to the facility
- Construction on a new $5M lodge for the Poley Mountain Resort has begun. The new resort will replace the previous one that burned down in December 2014 and is expected to open in November 2015.
- Date Modified: