Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble and inspect rubber or plastic products. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies and in plastic parts divisions of other manufacturing companies.
foreman/woman, blow moulding, foreman/woman, calendering – rubber and plastic manufacturing, foreman/woman, extruding – rubber and plastic manufacturing, supervisor, injection moulding – plastic products manufacturing, supervisor, plastic products manufacturing, supervisor, rubber products manufacturing, supervisor, tire building.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble, finish or inspect plastic or rubber parts and products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Plastic and Rubber Products Manufacturing in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
According to the most recent (2006) Census, this is a small occupational group with a labour force of 0, and an unemployment rate (0%) that is below the average (8%) for all occupations in the area.
According to the most recent Canadian Occupational Projection System (COPS) Forecast, the average annual employment growth rate for this occupation is above the average for all occupations in New Brunswick. Many of the jobs in this occupation can be found in the Rubber, Plastics and Chemicals industry.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- The Blue Door restaurant and bar will reopen in Fredericton under new ownership this month, with a staff of 16 people
- The Oromocto Health Clinic will open in November, employing a physician, two nurse practitioners, several nurses, a dietitian, a social worker and administrative staff
- Captain Submarine has opened a new franchise at the Shell Convenience Store at 325 Sunset Dr. in Fredericton
- Construction of a $2.1M health centre in Stanley will begin this summer and be completed by January 2015. The contractor is Simpson Building Contractors Ltd. of Fredericton.
- Jamac Painting and Sandblasting Ltd. has been awarded the tender for a project which will include over-coating the exterior and recoating the interior of the Marysville reservoir
- McCain Foods and the provincial government will contribute $5M in funding to Resson Aerospace to research the use of drones in providing data to the Agriculture industry
- Contracts for water and sewage upgrades in Fredericton have been awarded to Monteith Underground Services Ltd. and Charmac Construction Co. Ltd.
- Date Modified: