Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 15 - Dec 19, 2014
- According to contractors, construction activity has been steady in the Yarmouth area over the past year. They believe future activity will be determined by factors such as the success of the fishing industry and business generated from the new ferry.
- About 150 workers, down from a peak of 200 during the summer, are currently employed on the construction of the 34-turbine South Canoe Wind farm near New Ross. According to a spokesperson, the project should be completed during the first quarter of 2015.
- Université Sainte-Anne has opened a facility in the Nova West Laboratory in Saulnierville. There, researchers and lab technicians will work collaboratively with Nova West employees on research activities in agriculture, fishing, and aquaculture.
- A restaurant, LannaThai, is under construction on King Street in Bridgewater, and is expected to open by the end of 2014. It is estimated that between 15 to 20 workers could be hired when the restaurant opens.
- HB Studios, a Lunenburg-based video game developer, has grown from having nine employees when it opened 14 years ago, to about 80 currently. The number of employees fluctuates slightly depending on the number of games in development.
- Date Modified: