Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 06 - Oct 10, 2014
- Winners, a department store chain, will open in the old Zellers store in Yarmouth in the fall of 2015. Renovations in preparation for the opening will take place in the spring.
- Components are arriving for the construction of the South Canoe Wind Farm near New Ross. The $200M project, Nova Scotia's largest wind farm, should be operational in early 2015.
- Murray Dodge, a new car dealership, will open in Yarmouth within the next several months. The parent company, which has 55 employees at another nearby dealership, hopes to employ 75 staff between both businesses.
- Cook's Dairy in Yarmouth will close in October, and about 21 workers will lose their jobs. Agropur, the Quebec-based company which bought the business over a year ago, will move operations to its Bedford plant, which employs 225 workers.
- Dingo¿s Bar and Grill will likely add a couple of new employees when it moves from King Street into the Bridgewater Mall in October
- South Shore Physiotherapy, including physiotherapy, massage therapy, and podiatrist services, has opened in Bridgewater
- Date Modified: