Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 13 - Apr 17, 2015
- Stelia Aerospace North America Ltd. is looking to add engineers, technicians, and other workers to the 440 staff at its Lunenburg site, where it makes and designs composites for the aerospace and defence industry
- Sustane Technologies Inc. hopes to build a $13M demonstration plant at a landfill in Chester and create 20 to 25 jobs by mid-2016. The plant would divert waste from the landfill, and turn it into biomass fuel pellets and recyclable material.
- Meteghan River-based shipyard A.F. Theriault and Son has been awarded a $7.68M contract to build a new ferry to serve the islands of Digby Neck. The ferry will provide work for the company until the latter half of 2016.
- The Government of Canada will invest almost $3.5M in harbour improvement projects in Lunenburg County over the next two years
- The Government of Canada will invest about $7.7M in harbour improvement projects in Shelburne County over the next two years
- The front nine holes of the new Aspotogan Ridge Golf Course, the centerpiece of a large residential development project underway in Mill Cove, Lunenburg County, will open at the end of July 2015
- Date Modified: