Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities (NOC 0016) in the Southern region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 06 - Mar 10, 2017
- If it can secure financing, Advanced Materials Inc. would like to process tin in East Kemptville from ore stockpiled at the former Rio Alom mine which closed there in 1992. The operation would last about six to seven years and create about 30 jobs.
- CovenHoven Distillery near Digby is now producing spirits and has hired a full time distiller. The business will construct a permanent structure in the summer of 2017 on its property where it will retail its products.
- The Rodd Grand Hotel in Yarmouth is currently undergoing a $2M renovation project as the business prepares for the upcoming tourist season. The hotel employs over 80 workers during peak season.
- Redo's Pizza is scheduled to open in the spring of 2017 on the corner of Forest Street and Haley Road in Yarmouth. The business will employ six to eight people.
- Aerospace and defence manufacturer Stelia Aerospace will cut 30 production and management jobs at its main Lunenburg location, due to softening demand and delayed starts on some projects. Stelia still employs 400 workers in Lunenburg.
- China-based First Catch Fisheries Company will hire 30 to 40 workers and up to 100 in peak season for a lobster processing facility it will begin building in the spring of 2017 in Shelburne. The facility may open by late 2017.
- Date modified: