Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 08 - Sep 12, 2014
- Lewis Mouldings and Wood Specialities Ltd., of Digby County, received $430K from the federal and provincial governments to boost its wood briquette production. The company produces Fiber Fuel wood briquettes from leftover pine sawdust and wood chips, which is sold at 50 dealers across the Maritimes. The company employs around 75 workers and is primarily engaged in manufacturing wood mouldings.
- CelluFuel Inc. of Halifax will build a $5M demonstration scale plant at the Renova Scotia Bioenergy site in Brooklyn, Queens County, which will produce synthetic renewable diesel fuel from wood biomass. The company expects to begin construction of its first commercial project within 12 months of commissioning its demonstration project.
- Nova Star Cruises announced it will be halting its operating season on October 13th, not on November 2nd as initially planned. The decision will affect 650 passengers, but the company states the action is necessary to ensure the long-term success of the service.
- South West Health is seeking a replacement nurse practitioner for the Islands Health Care Centre in Freeport. Recruitment, which is often challenging in small communities, will continue until the position is filled.
- A Bridgewater area business, Oakhill Commercial and Recreational Equipment, may double the number of its workers when it moves into a larger building. Construction of the new building is expected to begin over the next few months.
- The Java Bead, a bead shop that offered custom work, repairs and classes on King St. in Bridgewater, will close at the end of August
- 902 Athletics, featuring a gym, athletic development, nutritional services and massage therapy, has opened on Logan Road in Bridgewater
- Date Modified: