Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior Managers - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction (NOC 0016) in the Southern region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 31 - Nov 04, 2016
- High Liner Foods will add 70 union jobs and invest $13M at its fish plant in Lunenburg. The Nova Scotia-based company, with 340 employees in Lunenburg and Halifax, had recently ceased production at two plants in Massachusetts.
- The owner of the Roof Hound brewing company and restaurant near Digby says he has been busier than expected since opening in August 2016, has 14 workers on the payroll, and wants to keep growing and hire more employees
- First Catch, a China-based seafood company, is planning to build a lobster processing plant on the Shelburne waterfront. The plant is expected to employ 30 to 100 workers when operational in the spring of 2017.
- Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site will benefit from $4M in spending as part of Parks Canada's $3B investment to improve infrastructure at various locations across Canada over the next five years
- The owners of Aspen Grove Farm have opened a wool and yarn shop at their sheep farm near New Germany. The Wool Room will offer products such as yarn, fleece, sheep collectibles, as well as socks and duvets.
- Tourism in the South Shore Region has seen the number of room nights sold in June go up 4% compared to June 2015. Province-wide there was also a 7% increase compared to the year before.
- Covey Island Boatworks of Lunenburg is expanding into commercial boat building with the opening of its facility at Port Mersey Commercial Park near Liverpool. The company plans to initially employ five to eight workers, but with plans to grow to between 15 and 20 staff.
- Date modified: