Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior Managers - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction (NOC 0016) in the Southern region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 25 - Apr 29, 2016
- A multi-million dollar renovation project on the medical clinic in Shelburne planned for the spring of 2016 will not go ahead. The building is not repairable and a new clinic will be needed instead. Any further plans have yet to be decided.
- Digby Pines still has some openings for housekeeping and food and beverage service jobs for the 2016 season. About 150 people are employed at the resort in Digby in peak season, with normally about a 45% annual turnover of staff according to management.
- Bedford-based Dexter Construction and Yarmouth-based Tri-County Construction Limited have been awarded contracts from the federal government to carry out a total of $3.5M in wharf upgrades on Cape Sable Island, which will be completed over the next few months
- GEM Health Care Group Ltd. is converting the vacant Tidal View Manor in Yarmouth into a seniors' care facility to be known as Yarmouth Heights. The new facility will open in 2017 and will create 30 full-time jobs.
- Wedgeport-based fish products exporter Ocean Pride Fisheries Ltd. hopes to add 25 workers to its seasonal workforce as a result of an investment from the federal government into the company's sea cucumber technology.
- Dartmouth-based Asbestos Abatement has been awarded a $1.162M tender for the demolition of two former school buildings in Yarmouth. Work will take place between March and August of 2016.
- Date Modified: