Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior Managers - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction (NOC 0016) in the Southern region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 19 - Sep 23, 2016
- First Catch, a China-based seafood company, is planning to build a lobster processing plant on the Shelburne waterfront. The plant is expected to employ 30 to 100 workers when operational in the spring of 2017.
- Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site will benefit from $4M in spending as part of Parks Canada's $3B investment to improve infrastructure at various locations across Canada over the next five years
- The owners of Aspen Grove Farm have opened a wool and yarn shop at their sheep farm near New Germany. The Wool Room will offer products such as yarn, fleece, sheep collectibles, as well as socks and duvets.
- Tourism in the South Shore Region has seen the number of room nights sold in June go up 4% compared to June 2015. Province-wide there was also a 7% increase compared to the year before.
- Covey Island Boatworks of Lunenburg is expanding into commercial boat building with the opening of its facility at Port Mersey Commercial Park near Liverpool. The company plans to initially employ five to eight workers, but with plans to grow to between 15 and 20 staff.
- About 25 workers, mostly in Nova Scotia, are currently seasonally employed in food services on the Cat ferry from Yarmouth to Maine. The ferry also employs reservation agents, security personnel, baggage handlers and other workers onshore in Yarmouth.
- Some businesses in Liverpool, NS are having difficulty finding enough staff. White Point Resort needs bartenders, servers, front desk and room service staff, while call centre HGS needs to fill 20 positions.
- Date modified: