Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities (NOC 0016) in the Southern region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 30 - Feb 03, 2017
- Aerospace and defence manufacturer Stelia Aerospace will cut 30 production and management jobs at its main Lunenburg location, due to softening demand and delayed starts on some projects. Stelia still employs 400 workers in Lunenburg.
- China-based First Catch Fisheries Company will hire 30 to 40 workers and up to 100 in peak season for a lobster processing facility it will begin building in the spring of 2017 in Shelburne. The facility may open by late 2017.
- The Riverside Lobster International Inc. processing plant in Meteghan River has gone from 65 to 300 employees over the past five years. The company advertises for workers 52 weeks of the year as it struggles to attract labour.
- High Liner Foods will add 70 union jobs and invest $13M at its fish plant in Lunenburg. The Nova Scotia-based company, with 340 employees in Lunenburg and Halifax, had recently ceased production at two plants in Massachusetts.
- The owner of the Roof Hound brewing company and restaurant near Digby says he has been busier than expected since opening in August 2016, has 14 workers on the payroll, and wants to keep growing and hire more employees
- Date modified: