Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior Managers - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction (NOC 0016) in the Southern region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 20 - Jun 24, 2016
- The Little Narrows gypsum mine will not operate in 2016, and a decision on its future is expected later in the year. The mine has not rehired the14 seasonal employees laid off six months ago, but 21 current employees will remain for reclamation work.
- A new $3.4M medical clinic will be constructed in Shelburne by late winter 2018. The old clinic will be demolished in the fall of 2016.
- A multi-million dollar renovation project on the medical clinic in Shelburne planned for the spring of 2016 will not go ahead. The building is not repairable and a new clinic will be needed instead. Any further plans have yet to be decided.
- Digby Pines still has some openings for housekeeping and food and beverage service jobs for the 2016 season. About 150 people are employed at the resort in Digby in peak season, with normally about a 45% annual turnover of staff according to management.
- Bedford-based Dexter Construction and Yarmouth-based Tri-County Construction Limited have been awarded contracts from the federal government to carry out a total of $3.5M in wharf upgrades on Cape Sable Island, which will be completed over the next few months
- Date Modified: