Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- Two new book stores, Lexicon Books and Lunenburg Bound, will open within the next few months in Lunenburg
- Cellufuel Inc. hopes to begin operating a demonstration plant which will turn wood biomass into diesel fuel in Brooklyn by June 2015. The company is seeking a lead operator, and expects to hire four to six more workers in the spring. A commercial operation in southwestern Nova Scotia is expected to follow within a year of the start-up of the demonstration plant.
- Red Ocean Inc. hopes to begin building a $2M eel aquaculture facility in Yarmouth in the spring of 2015. The company plans to have the facility ready to export eels to Korea by the spring of 2016, and to employ 125 people.
- Watts Wind Energy Inc. will construct wind turbine projects in Wedgeport and Atwood's Brook in February
- Mersey Point Fish Products, a fish processing plant in Port Mouton that had shut down five months ago due to a shortage of suitable fish, is back in operation
- According to contractors, construction activity has been steady in the Yarmouth area over the past year. They believe future activity will be determined by factors such as the success of the fishing industry and business generated from the new ferry.
- Date Modified: