Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 08 - Dec 12, 2014
- The city of St. John's will allocate $107.5M to infrastructure spending for 2015. Water and sewer-related projects, street, sidewalk and bridge upgrades, and parking additions are among the planned activities.
- The provincial government has issued a tender to begin the first phase of construction on a new K-6 school in Paradise. The new school will accommodate 700 students and will be located near Octagon Pond. The school is expected to open in September 2016.
- The provincial government has awarded a $1M tender to Southern Construction to replace the Northeast Trepassey Bridge. The new bridge is expected to open in August 2015.
- Construction on a new recreation park for Kenmount Terrace in St. John's is expected to begin in late 2015. The City of St. John's has approved $10M in funding over a two-year period for the project.
- Work is expected to begin the week of November 9th to repair the 200-year-old Harbour Grace courthouse. Court proceedings will be temporarily moved to Fong's Motel in Carbonear. Further restoration work will be completed in 2015.
- The 61st annual Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum Conference and Trade Show is underway in St. John's. The conference runs from November 5 to 8.
- The provincial government announced $2.9M in funding to build a two-lane, 23-metre bridge in O'Donnell's, St. Mary's Bay . The new bridge is expected to open by the fall of 2015.
- The City of St. John's has approved the rezoning of land in Kenmount Terrace to build three apartment buildings. Northern Property plans to build three apartment buildings with 229 apartments on Ladysmith Drive.
- Date Modified: