Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) (NOC 7421) in the Avalon Peninsula region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2016
- A new Alt Hotel is under construction in downtown St. John's that will overlook the harbour and Signal Hill. The four storey hotel, which is being built by Montreal-based Groupe Germaine, will have 148 rooms. The opening is expected by spring, 2017.
- Mineral exploration company Cornerstone Capital Resources has closed its office in Mount Pearl and has indicated that they have no current plans to do any further exploration in NL.
- The City of St. John's has postponed the multi-year infrastructure project on Water Street until the spring of 2017. The postponement was a direct result of the city's improved public engagement process.
- The Government of NL has awarded a $665,000 contract to Concord Paving Ltd. of Carbonear to provide new roadwork in Port de Grave
- Date Modified: