Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) (NOC 7421) in the Avalon Peninsula region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 24 - Aug 28, 2015
- The Government of NL has awarded a $20M contract to Marco Services Ltd. to build a new K-7 school in Conception Bay South
- Construction has started on a new International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers college in Holyrood. Work is expected to be completed by 2017.
- The Government of NL awarded a $1.6M contract to Farrell's Excavating to upgrade Route 102. Work on the project will begin in September.
- The Government of NL awarded a $695,000 contract to Municipal Construction Ltd to upgrade and repave sections of the CBS Bypass
- Housing starts in St. John's continued to decline in July with 200 fewer new home construction projects compared to June. Total housing starts are also down from a year ago.
- The Government of NL awarded a $417,000 contract to G.S. Hunt Enterprises Ltd. for interior and exterior renovations on 10 Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation homes on Topsail Road
- Concord Paving Limited of Carbonear has been awarded a $1.86M tender for provincial roads upgrades for the District of Ferryland
- Date Modified: