Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- Three new contracts valued at $22M have been awarded, relating to retail land and the Glencrest Industrial Centre in the Galway development in St. John's. Work to develop access to the site, landscaping, asphalt laying and line painting will begin soon.
- A $3.3M tender for site preparation for the construction of a new school to replace Virginia Park Elementary in St. John¿s has been awarded to Marco Services Ltd., also of St. John¿s
- A $2.3M tender for the extension of Elizabeth Park Elementary in Paradise has been awarded to Redwood Construction Ltd. of Mount Pearl
- The provincial government is partnering with various communities in the Port de Grave District to invest $1.4M in water, sewage and road improvement projects
- The provincial government is partnering with the Town of Bay Roberts to provide $3.9M for road improvements and water and sewage system upgrades
- Heddle Marine Service Newfoundland has been awarded a $3M contract for refit work on the Canadian Coast Guard Vessel CCGS Cygnus. Work is scheduled to begin this month and finish in January 2015.
- The provincial government awarded a $188,000 contract to Coastal Building Products and Services Ltd. of Mount Pearl to replace the windows at Tricon Elementary in Bay de Verde
- The new $33M recreation facility attached to the Reid Community Centre in Mount Pearl will be named the Summit Centre. The new facility is scheduled to open early in September.
- The provincial and federal governments have given more than $1.6M in funding to the Long Harbour Development Corporation for the construction of a hydromet supply park adjacent to Vale's Hydromet facility in Long Harbour - Arlington Heights
- Date Modified: