Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 09 - Mar 13, 2015
- A $17.2M contract was awarded to Pomerleau Inc. for the construction of a new school in Paradise for students from Kindergarten to Grade 6. The school is expected to open in the fall of 2016.
- A 300-acre land development project containing residential, commercial and industrial areas is being constructed in Southlands
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation has awarded a $466,000 contract to G.S. Hunt Ltd. to conduct exterior renovations to 16 housing units in the Cashin Avenue-Froude Avenue neighbourhood
- The Building Trades Workers of the Resource Development Trades Council has donated $10M to upgrade 17 operating rooms to integrated operating suites at the St. Clare's Mercy Hospital and the Health Sciences Centre
- The City of St. John's has approved the rezoning of Southside Road. Plans are underway to develop 11 detached houses in the area.
- The government of NL announced $692,000 in funding, through the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation, to provide exterior renovations to 16 social housing homes in the Rabbittown neighbourhood of St. John¿s
- A new timing tower is under construction for the Royal St. John's Regatta at Quidi Vidi Lake in St. John's. The tower will house the new electronic timing system to allow for photo finishes and more accurate measurement.
- The government of NL has awarded a $382,000 contract to Newfoundland Roofing Ltd. to upgrade eight Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation properties at St. Teresa's Court and Pondview Court in St. John's
- Date Modified: