Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 565 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2016
- Woody's Bar-B-Q Canada Corp. has opened a new restaurant in Brantford hiring about 30 people
- VMware Canada Inc. has closed its Burlington technical support office and laid off about 100 staff
- Cora Franchise Group Inc., has closed its location in Brantford and laid off about 20 full and part-time workers
- VPI Inc. will host a job fair in Hamilton for Maple Leaf Foods on February 16, 2016. Seasonal opportunities include skilled operators and general labourers.
- Construction is set to begin on the new World Gym International in Niagara Falls, with an expected opening date at the end March 2016
- NewLeaf Travel Company Inc., a new ultra-low cost airline, has announced that they will begin providing regular service from the Hamilton International Airport starting in February 2016
- Date Modified: