Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Glaziers cut, fit, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on exterior walls of buildings and other structures and in furniture and other products. They are employed by construction glass installation contractors, retail service and repair shops and glass fabrication shops, or they may be self-employed.
glazier, glazier and metal mechanic, glazier apprentice, plate glass installer, stained glass glazier, structural glass glazier.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters or computerized cutter
- Tint glass and create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting or painting designs
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolds, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or mouldings
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or exteriors of building
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation
- Install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals or related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
- Install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass panels in frames to form exterior walls of buildings
- Replace glass in furniture and other products
- Prepare and install skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained or other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments
- Repair and service residential windows, commercial aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures, and replace damaged glass or faulty sealant
- May prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-31|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- National Steel Car Ltd. in Hamilton will be hiring around 300 people for positions including welders, maintenance workers, electricians, pipefitters, millwrights, crane operators, fabricators and information technology workers
- The new Bass Pro Shops Outpost store in Niagara-on-the-Lake will be hiring about 200 to 250 people to fill positions including cashiers, greeters, stockers, marine technicians, boat riggers, boat detailers and boat sales consultants
- The Meridian Centre spectator facility in St. Catharines will be hiring for over 200 part-time positions including ushers, conversion crew members and food and beverage and box office positions
- A new Popeyes Louisiana Chicken restaurant opened in Welland creating 26 new jobs
- Box, a new discount grocery store line by Loblaw Companies Ltd., opened a new store in east Hamilton
- Park Lane Farms has started production at the new medical marijuana facility in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The facility currently employs about 15 workers but expects employment levels to increase to 50-60 workers.
- Tigercat Industries Inc. broke ground on a new manufacturing plant in Paris. Vicano Construction Limited is building the facility which, once operational, will create over 250 jobs for material handlers, office workers, fabricators and assembly persons.
- Goodness Me! will be opening a distribution centre in Brantford, which is expected to employ 35 workers when fully operational
- APAC Customer Services, Inc. in Hamilton expects to staff 200 customer service and telesales positions at its call centre by this fall
- Niagara Region will be hiring 18 additional emergency services personnel by the end of September
- Date Modified: