Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Glaziers cut, fit, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on exterior walls of buildings and other structures and in furniture and other products. They are employed by construction glass installation contractors, retail service and repair shops and glass fabrication shops, or they may be self-employed.
glazier, glazier and metal mechanic, glazier apprentice, plate glass installer, stained glass glazier, structural glass glazier.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters or computerized cutter
- Tint glass and create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting or painting designs
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolds, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or mouldings
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or exteriors of building
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation
- Install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals or related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
- Install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass panels in frames to form exterior walls of buildings
- Replace glass in furniture and other products
- Prepare and install skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained or other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments
- Repair and service residential windows, commercial aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures, and replace damaged glass or faulty sealant
- May prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- APAC Customer Services, Inc. in Hamilton expects to staff 200 customer service and telesales positions at its call centre by this fall
- Niagara Region will be hiring 18 additional emergency services personnel by the end of September
- The Government of Canada has opened a new $400,000 state-of-the-art Asian carp science lab at the Canada Centre for Inland Waters (CCIW) in Burlington, adding five full-time staff and a number of short-term positions
- WIND Mobile opened two new locations in Brantford, a store at 84 Dalhousie St. and a standalone kiosk in Lynden Park Mall
- Mady Development Corporation is developing a $210M mixed-use complex in Burlington, which will include condominium residences and hotel under the Delta Hotels and Resorts banner. The Bridgewater project is expected to create about 300 construction jobs.
- Tambro Construction has been awarded a $10.5M tender to construct St. Gabriel Catholic Elementary School in Winona, Hamilton. Construction is expected to begin shortly, with a completion date of September 2015.
- The $15M Lincoln Community Complex featuring an NHL-sized hockey rink and library branch opened in Beamsville
- Niagara Region will start construction on a new wastewater treatment plant in Niagara-on-the-Lake in August 2014. The project is expected to cost $43.2M, with a completion date of December 2016.
- Date Modified: