Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
Here are some key facts about Glaziers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 180 people work in this occupation.
- Glaziers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 89%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 12% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 69% compared to 66% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 19% compared to 20% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 06 - Mar 10, 2017
- Huntington Park recreation centre in Hamilton is closing for renovations on July 3 and will reopen in spring 2018
- The City of Hamilton has eliminated 23 staff positions and reorganized five management positions to help meet budget demands
- Shipping season on the Welland Canal is set to begin in March, following the completion of a four year $100M project to rebuild the walls along the canal
- Stelco Inc. continues its efforts to restructure and has eliminated 29 salaried, non-union positions at both the Hamilton and Nanticoke operations
- Date modified: