Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
Here are some key facts about Glaziers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 180 people work in this occupation.
- Glaziers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 89%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 12% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 69% compared to 66% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 19% compared to 20% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- Stelco Inc. continues its efforts to restructure and has eliminated 29 salaried, non-union positions at both the Hamilton and Nanticoke operations
- Deals Express opened two stores in St. Catharines and Niagara Falls and will open a third location in Port Colborne in February. They plan to continue with new hiring in addition to recalling former staff from Liquidation King.
- A. Lococo Wholesale Ltd., an independent fresh produce and meat market, will open a new store in Brantford in late spring 2017
- The Orillia Opera House is set to undergo $3M in renovations and upgrades. Work is scheduled to begin in February and is expected to be completed by the end of March 2018.
- Lee Valley Tools Ltd., a retail store known for woodworking, gardening and home products, is opening a new store in Niagara Falls in late spring 2017
- Niagara Cemetery Memorials, owned by The Stone Centre Inc., opened a showroom in Niagara Falls
- Date modified: