Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 565 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 31 - Sep 04, 2015
- U.S. Steel will be moving some of its production into the U.S. affecting 17 jobs in Hamilton
- Mobile services Ting, a division of Tucows Inc., will be holding a job fair September 10 and 14 in St. Catharines. They are looking to hire customer advisers, a manager and an analyst.
- The St. Louis Bar & Grill franchise is holding a job fair with 20 franchises in St. Catharines October 19, November 2 and 3
- The TJX Companies, Inc. opened a new HomeSense store in Brantford, employing about 40 to 60 full and part-time staff
- Sears Canada Inc. will close its Welland location on September 30, affecting 55 workers
- Hamilton International Airport's new $12M cargo hangar will add 400 direct and indirect jobs. Cargojet Airways Ltd. will occupy half the new space and is expected to hire additional staff due to the expansion.
- St. Catharines-based Rankin Construction Inc., in partnership with Enercon Canada Inc., will add up to 200 positions to make pre-cast concrete parts for Niagara Region Wind Corp.'s wind-turbine towers. Production is expected to run until early 2016.
- Tractor Supply Co. is scheduled to open in Welland in September. The store will employ between 20 and 25 people including those from other locations and new hires.
- The Meridian Centre in downtown St. Catharines will hold a job fair on September 9 and 10 in an effort to fill 200 positions, including parking attendants, event staff, servers and kitchen staff
- Minacs, a global business solutions company is expanding its Hamilton facility expecting to create 450 full-time jobs. Recruitment is underway and candidates are encouraged to apply in person or online on the Minacs website.
- Date Modified: