Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Editors in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Ottawa Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Editors (NOC 5122) in the Ottawa region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 1,270 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey. Given the large presence of the public sector, more than 14% of editors in the provincial labour force were found in this region. Individuals with a proficiency in English and French will likely have improved job prospects in this area.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- Ericsson Canada received $3M in funding through the Youth Jobs Strategy to expand its R&D centre in Ottawa, creating 35 positions for new graduates and retaining 105 existing positions
- The Museum of Civilization in Ottawa laid off 14 staff due to a budget shortfall. The layoffs affected various departments, however no researchers or curators were lost.
- Empire Theatres has announced the closure of its Rideau Centre location in Ottawa on March 21, and is planning a new theatre at Lansdowne Park sometime in 2014
- Date Modified: