Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Ottawa Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Editors (NOC 5122) in the Ottawa region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Given the large presence of the public sector, more than 14% of editors in the provincial labour force were found in this region. Individuals with a proficiency in English and French will likely have improved job prospects in this area.
Here are some key facts about Editors in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 1,270 people work in this occupation region.
- Editors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 34%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 32%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 11%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 7% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 62% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 31% compared to 18% for all occupations
Please refer to the Ontario tab for more information related to occupational trends.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 17 - Oct 21, 2016
- Internet service provider Xplornet Communications Inc. plans to invest $40M to build a new office in Cornwall. It is expected to create 130 full-time jobs over the next five years.
- PiiComm Inc., a provider of mobility solutions, opened its third office in the greater Ottawa region, allowing the company to expand capacity by over 40%
- Assent Compliance Inc. a compliance and data software provider headquartered in Ottawa, received a $20M private investment to invest in its business platforms and hire 100 new positions
- The Government of Canada is investing up to $750,000 in Kanata-based Martello Technologies Corporation to improve and develop software. The project is expected to create nine jobs and maintain 12 full-time jobs.
- Date modified: