Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Printing Press Operators in Toronto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Toronto Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Printing Press Operators (NOC 7381) in the Toronto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
This occupation had a regional labour force of about 3,065 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 04 - Jan 08, 2016
- Cyclone Manufacturing Inc., an aircraft parts manufacturer, is investing $65M with help from the federal government to expand its facilities in Mississauga and Milton. The project is expected to create up to 135 full-time jobs in Mississauga by 2018.
- The Government of Ontario is investing $1M to help Mississauga-based food manufacturer, Super-Pufft Snacks Corporation, double its production capacity, creating 34 new jobs and retaining 304 positions
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is cutting more than 400 jobs by the end of 2015 due to restructuring, with the largest impact expected at its headquarters in Mississauga
- ContiTech AG, is closing its rubber plant (former Goodyear plant) in Bowmanville in mid-2016, affecting approximately 135 workers
- Labatt Breweries of Canada has purchased Toronto's Mill Street Brewery and is planning to invest $10M at its Scarborough facility to enhance its brewing and packaging capabilities, the job impact is unknown
- Date Modified: