Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Civil Engineers in Toronto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Toronto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-31|
For the 2013-2015 period, employment opportunities for civil engineers are expected to be good in the Toronto economic region. This occupation had a regional labour force of more than 9,800 at the time of the 2011 National Household Survey. Demand for this occupation stems from the concentration of engineering, construction and architecture firms in the area, in combination with continued spending on infrastructure improvements in the Greater Toronto Area, such as for the events of the 2015 Pan American/Parapan American Games.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 01 - Sep 05, 2014
- CenturyLink Inc. has opened a second Toronto area data centre in Markham
- Dimension Data Canada Inc., an ICT solutions and services provider, has opened a new cloud data centre in Toronto
- IBM Canada Ltd. has opened Canada's first SoftLayer data centre in Markham as part of an investment program to expand cloud computer capacity
- Software company SAP Canada Inc. will open its first Canadian data center in Markham, which will be operational by the end of 2014
- Information technology company ITRenew, Inc. is opening a new, larger facility in Toronto this August
- Date Modified: