Welcome to Canada! This section can help you prepare to work in Canada. Learn about where to look for work, how to build a network and more.
- Apply for important Canadian documents, such as a Social Insurance Number (SIN), a Permanent Resident card, a health insurance card, and a driver's licence.
- Prepare for an interview.
- Get your language skills tested.
- On each pay cheque that you receive in Canada, a part of your Definition ofearnings will be deducted to pay taxes. Learn more about Canadian taxes and benefits.
- In Canada, federal and provincial laws protect workers and employers. Read about Canadian workplace standards.
- Starting your own business - Starting a business is an excellent way to start your career in Canada.
Organizations to help you
There are hundreds of organizations to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada. These organizations can help you in many ways, including in your search for a job. For more information on Definition ofImmigrant Serving Organizations (ISOs) visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Service Canada websites.
For a list of employment services in Québec, visit the Emploi Québec website.