College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment; Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software; Load computer tapes and disks and install software and printer paper and forms; Provide problem-solving services to network users; Implement data, software and hardware security procedures; Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records; Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations; Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software; Research and apply meta-data to Websites and register Websites with search engines; Set up local area networks and connections to the Internet
- Operating Systems and Software
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 11-15 people
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Word processing software; Unix; MS Windows; Linux; Internet; MAC; Device drivers; Networking software; Networking hardware; Networking security; Intranet; Servers; File management software; Security software; Presentation software; Mail server software; Communication software; Image editing software; Programming languages; Data analysis software; Mapping and data visualization software; MS Office; Desktop applications; Multimedia software
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Judgement; Organized
8230 Lawson Rd.
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.