Early Childhood Educator - Preschool
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s employer job posting system.
Posted on April 06, 2020
Alpha’s Discovery Kids Preschool and Daycare
- Salary$$18.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment
- Start date
As soon as possible
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
Experience an asset
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings; Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods; Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Security and Safety
- Medical exam; Immunization records; Tuberculosis test; Criminal record check; Vulnerable sector check
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability; Punctuality
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Knowledge of licensing regulations; Establish guidelines for behaviour; Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest; provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor; Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members; Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s job posting system. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.