Long Haul Driver
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s employer job posting system.
Posted on August 06, 2020
- Salary$$24.30HOUR hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment
- Overtime, To be determined
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Perform emergency roadside repairs; Perform brake adjustments; Load and unload goods; Receive and relay information to central dispatch; Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo; Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy; Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment; Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Documentation Knowledge
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Valid passport
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Cellular phone
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel cross-border
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Reliability
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s job posting system. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.