Drilling Rigs Electronic Technician
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank.
Posted on December 01, 2020
Stena Drilling (Canada) Corp.
701-10 Fort William PlaceSt. John's, NL
- Salary$$59.22HOUR hourly for 84 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
- Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Certification by a provincial or territorial association
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Write specifications; Install, maintain and service equipment; Calibrate electronic equipment and instruments; Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components; Collect and compile operational or experimental data; Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics; Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints; Assist in preparing estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Area of Specialization
- Offshore drilling
- Work Setting
- Offshore drilling rig
- Security and Safety
- Drug test; Criminal record check; Valid passport
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights; Wet/damp; Noisy; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Remote location
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Internet; Database software; Networking hardware; Communication software; Programming software
- Equipment, Systems and Controls Experience
- Sonar; Radio communication equipment; Radar equipment and systems; Navigation equipment and systems; Electronic testing equipment and systems; Electric motors, generators, drives and motor controls; Data communication equipment and systems; Building system; Lighting system; Telecommunication system
- Vessel Experience
- Mobile offshore drilling rig
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Values and ethics; Organized
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
The minimum wage for this job was calculated and verified based on the province or territory of residence for the employer.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.