Mechanic, Oil Drill Rig
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank.
Posted on December 01, 2020
Stena Drilling (Canada) Corp.
701-10 Fort William PlaceSt. John's, NL
- Salary$$59.98HOUR hourly for 84 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
- Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Other trades certificate or diploma
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts; Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up; Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions; Installing machinery and equipment; Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation); Perform routine maintenance work on machinery; Operate machining tools to fabricate parts; Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs); Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Major Work Area
- Service; Repair; Maintenance; Machine set-up; Overhaul
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Welding equipment; Turbines; Tool grinders; Pumps and compressors; Power tools; Monorails; Marine engines; Heat exchangers; High speed packaging equipment; Hand tools; Gas plant and shop compressors; Gas and air dryers; Fans and blowers; Electrical and electronic controls; Conveyor; Lathes and other machining tools; Press brakes and metalworking equipment; Automated and robotic system; Power transmission system; Hydraulic system; Pneumatic system; Industrial and stationary engine
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Area of Specialization
- Rigging and handling; Bearing, seals and packing; Troubleshooting
- Security and Safety
- Drug test; Criminal record check; Valid passport
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation provided; Remote location
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
The minimum wage for this job was calculated and verified based on the province or territory of residence for the employer.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.