Senior Buyer - Retail Or Wholesale
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank.
Posted on January 26, 2021
355 Bamburgh Cir, , ON M1WScarborough, ONM1W 3X9
- Salary$$48,000YEAR annually for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events; Select and purchase merchandise for resale; Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets; Negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements with suppliers; Maintain adequate stock levels; Establish and maintain contact with suppliers; Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase; Arrange product according to planogram; Provide customer service; Supervise work of other buyers; Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Other Languages
- Work Setting
- Retail business
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Specialization/Experience (Business sales and services)
- Sales; Product development; Product selection; Pricing; Negotiation; Merchandise needs analysis; Merchandising or window; Market analysis; Distribution; Buying
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.