No degree, certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
Air Brakes Endorsement
- Specific Skills
Receive and relay information to central dispatch
Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Weight Handling
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract);
- Transportation/Travel Information
Willing to travel cross-border;
Willing to travel for extended periods;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work Location Information
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.