College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Experience an asset
- Additional Skills
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records; Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children; Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours; Storytelling
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability; Punctuality
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest; provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members; Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Medical Benefits; Dental Benefits
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.