Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Supervise and check assembly of trays; Prepare food order summaries for chef; Prepare and submit reports; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies; Ensure food service and quality control; Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres
- Additional Skills
- Address customers' complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Prepare budget and cost estimates; Establish methods to meet work schedules; Hire food service staff
- Work Setting
- Restaurant; Hotel, motel, resort
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.