Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers; Recruit and hire staff; Organize and manage buffets and banquets; Order supplies and equipment; Manage kitchen operations; Inspect kitchens and food service areas; Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef; Clean kitchen and work areas; Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Work Setting
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.