or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Child development worker (ECE level 2)
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Combination of sitting, standing, walking;
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.