Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Area of Specialization
Telephone installation and repair
Telecommunication service testing
- Type of Systems
- Telephone Installer and Repairer Specific Skills
Repair or replace defective telephone equipment
Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Switch Network Installer and Repairer Specific Skills
Install electromechanical, analog and digital trunking systems, circuits and equipment in telecommunications central offices and switching centres
Analyze test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software
- Telecommunications Service Tester Specific Skills
Complete and maintain test and service reports
Initiate the dispatch of appropriate repair personnel
- Telecommunications Equipment Technician Specific Skills
Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
- Security and Safety
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail;
- Work Location Information
On-site customer service;
- Personal Suitability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.