health care assistant
Posted on January 05, 2022
Lynn Valley Care Centre
* Directs and assists residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene.
* Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
* Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident?s care plan and the policies and procedures.
* Reports need for changes to resident?s care plan, as necessary.
* Conducts a pre-handling assessment prior to lifts, transfers and ambulation of residents.
* Performs and records routine nursing procedures as directed by the on-duty nurse.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health Care Aide / HCA Must Haves:
* Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Nursing program which includes a Dementia Care component or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program.
* Maintains First Aide and CPR "A" certification.
* COVID-19 Vaccination
* Food Safe Level 1.
* PHN (Personal health number)
* Influenza Vaccination
* Negative TB screening Test
Part-time hours: 20-35 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.36-$25.83 per hour
* Overtime pay
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
* BC Care Aide Registry Number (preferred)
* Day Shift (preferred)
* Night Shift (preferred)
* Overnight Shift (preferred)
- LocationNorth Vancouver, BCRemote work available
- Salary$$18.36 to $25.83HOUR hourly
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.