College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
- Restaurant, Culinary and Catering Management/Manager
- Food Service, Waiter/Waitress and Dining Room Management/Manager
- Culinary Arts and Related Services, Other
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Supervise and check assembly of trays; Prepare food order summaries for chef; Prepare and submit reports; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies; Ensure food service and quality control
- Other Languages
- Hindi; Panjabi; Punjabi
- Additional Skills
- Address customers' complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Establish methods to meet work schedules; Hire food service staff
- Work Setting
- Food service establishment; Fast food outlet or concession; Hospitality industry
- Workers Supervised
- Kitchen and food service helpers; Food service counter attendants and food preparers; Food and beverage servers; Cook (general)
- Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Work Site Environment
- Wet/damp; Noisy; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus
- Screening questions
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.