Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Tool and Die Maker Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Repair machine tools and parts; Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments; Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables; Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance; Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances; Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports; Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers); Set up and adjust production machineries/tools; Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces; Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools; Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Tool grinders; Tapping machines; Surface grinders; Shapers; Milling machines; Form cutting machines; Engine lathes; Drill presses; Computer numerical control (CNC) machines; Automatic lathes; Conventional; Single purpose production machine; Sawing machine; Broaching machine
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs); More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Transportation - road/rail/marine; Automobile repair services
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Measuring Tools
- Gauges; Micrometers; Callipers; Calibre; Verniers
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Dependability
- Screening questions
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.