Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Hairstylist Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Hair Colouring Techniques
- Streaking/highlights; Bleach; Frosting; Dyes/tints
- Hair Styling Techniques
- Permanents; Iron waving/curling; Twisting; Relaxing; Roller setting; Pin curls; Blow drying
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other hair stylists and other staff; Supervise apprentices/students in training; Shampoo customers' hair; Perform receptionist duties; Maintain and order supplies; Book appointments
- Work Setting
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences; Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair; Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair; Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Barber Specific Skills
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages; Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
- Financial benefits
- Gratuities; Commission
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.