Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers; Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts; Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Children's Ages
- Newborn (including expecting mother); Up to 12 years
- Additional Skills
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties; Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records; Storytelling
- Work Setting
- Child care centre
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Reliability; Punctuality
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.