Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Dispatcher Specific Skills
- Record mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses; Operate radio equipment; Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment; Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders; Assist with maintenance of communications equipment; Advise vehicle operators of traffic and other problems; Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment; Keep track of shipments; Follow-up on issues with work orders; Knowledge of cross border dispatching regulations and practices; Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations
- Additional Skills
- Maintain work records and logs; Perform general office duties; Monitor personnel workloads and locations; Provide customer service
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract); Drug test; Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Service Experience
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.