Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction; Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites; Mix, pour and spread materials; Load, unload and transport construction materials; Level earth to fine grade specifications; Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades; Assist heavy equipment operators; Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction; Assist in demolishing buildings; Assist in framing houses, erecting walls and building roofs; Pave and rake asphalt; Clean and pile salvaged materials; Read and interpret blueprints
- Construction Specialization
- Residential; Industrial, commercial and institutional
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Dusty; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.