2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Advise on tendering procedures; Utilize quantity take-off procedures; Prepare estimates for general expenses and overheads; Prepare and maintain directory of supplies and trade contractors; Estimate pre-contract costs; Analyze tenders and recommend awards; Prepare estimates of labour and/or material costs; Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Major Work Area
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Take-off packages; Spreadsheet; MS Excel; MS Word; Estimating packages; Database
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Type of Experience
- Residential construction; Civil; Architecture; Commercial and/or industrial construction
- Project Size Estimating Experience
- $1,500,001 - $4,000,000; $100,001 - $500,000; $500,001 - $1,500,000; 0 - $100,000
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Sitting; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Client focus; Organized
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Parking available
Free parking available, Parking available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.