Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Mechanical Repairer Specific Skills
- Test and adjust units to specifications; Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions; Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit; Repair or replace mechanical units or components
- Area of Specialization
- Standard transmission; Front end components; Engine repair; Engine repair and overhaul; Automatic transmission; Drive train components; Ignition and electrical system; Fuel and emission system; Brake system; Hydraulic system
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Automotive Service Technician Specific Skills
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems; Perform scheduled maintenance service; Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications; Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Dependability; Reliability
- Truck and Transport and Truck-Trailer Mechanic Specific Skills
- Perform scheduled maintenance service; Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment; Part time enrollment
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Newcomers to Canada, Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.