No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Driver's License (Class 1 or A); Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Specific Skills
- Transport and handle dangerous goods; Perform preventive maintenance; Perform emergency roadside repairs; Pay and receive payments for goods; Perform brake adjustments; Load and unload goods; Drive lighter, special purpose trucks; Receive and relay information to central dispatch; Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo; Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy; Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment; Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations; Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes; Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Documentation Knowledge
- Accident or incident reports; Trip reports; Trans-border documentation; Maintenance and repair reports; Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip); Dangerous goods occurrence reports; Driver logbook; Bill of lading
- Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract)
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel cross-border; Willing to travel for extended periods; Willing to travel overnight; Valid driver's licence; Willing to travel internationally
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Sitting; Large workload; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.