Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Sell merchandise; Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters; Authorize payments by cheque; Authorize return of merchandise; Assign sales workers to duties; Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Organize and maintain inventory
- Additional Skills
- Order merchandise; Establish work schedules; Hire and train or arrange for training of staff
- Work Setting
- Retail business
- Workers Supervised
- Retail salespersons and sales clerks; Cashiers
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people; 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.