Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Driver's License (Class 1 or A); Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks); Air Brakes Endorsement
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Perform preventive maintenance; Receive and relay information to central dispatch; Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo; Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy; Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Documentation Knowledge
- Accident or incident reports; Trip reports; Trans-border documentation; Maintenance and repair reports; Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip); Dangerous goods occurrence reports; Driver logbook; Bill of lading
- Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment; Citizens band (CB) radio
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Medical exam; Drug test; Criminal record check; Basic security clearance; Valid passport
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Cellular phone
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel for extended periods; Willing to travel overnight; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Sitting; Overtime required
- Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- National; Provincial/territorial; Long-haul
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.