Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts; Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work; Verify and repair emission control systems; Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions; Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required; Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul; Installation and alignment of engines and machinery; Air conditioning system; Fuel injection system; Lubrication system; Cooling system; Exhaust system
- Additional Skills
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation; Order parts and maintain inventory; Welding experience
- Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts; Cable-operated working attachments
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Noisy; Dusty; Hot
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sound discrimination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering; Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering; Power take-offs; Off-road vehicle tires and wheels; Mechanical transmissions; Hydraulic transmissions; Brake system
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.