Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Repair machine tools and parts; Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments; Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables; Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance; Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances; Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports; Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers); Set up and adjust production machineries/tools; Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces; Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools; Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Security and Safety
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Measuring Tools
- Gauges; Micrometers; Callipers; Calibre; Verniers
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Accurate; Team player; Dependability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.