No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware; Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools; Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements; Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials; Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Major Work Area
- Additional Skills
- Instruct apprentices
- Work Setting
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety glasses/goggles
- Work Site Environment
- At heights; Noisy; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Willing to travel regularly; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability
- Financial benefits
- Piece work
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.