No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare special orders; Inspect kitchen and food service areas; Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods; Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards; Draw up production schedules; Bake mixed dough and batters; Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders; Operate machinery
- Cuisine Specialties
- Additional Skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances; Organize and maintain inventory
- Work Setting
- Large volume bakery
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Food Specialties
- Donuts and muffins; Desserts and pastries; Cake decorating; Breads and rolls
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Screening questions
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment; Part time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.