Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate; First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate; Confined Space Entry Training; Chainsaw Safety Training; Traffic Control Person (TCP) Certification; Traffic Control Signage (TWS) Certification; Driver's License (Class 3 or D); Driver's License (Class 1 or A); Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate; Air Brake (Z) Endorsement; Forklift Operator Certification; Fall Arrest Protection Training Course; Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction; Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites; Mix, pour and spread materials; Load, unload and transport construction materials; Direct traffic at or near construction sites; Assist heavy equipment operators; Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction; Clean and pile salvaged materials; Read and interpret blueprints
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Trampers (Jumping Jack); Small front end loaders; Sledgehammer; Mortar and concrete mixers; Jackhammers; Drills; Concrete saws; Concrete vibrators; Chain saw; Air compressors; Bobcats; Reciprocating saws; Circular saws; Forklift; Augers; Grinding machine
- Construction Specialization
- Water mains; Underground and tunnel work; Residential; Pipelines; Industrial, commercial and institutional
- Weight Handling
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Driving record check (abstract); Drug test; Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Underground; Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle; Willing to travel; Valid driver's licence; Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.