Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials; Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products; Clean machines and immediate work areas; Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers; Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools; Read and interpret work orders; Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Hand tools
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Metal products manufacturing company
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Noisy; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Learning/training paid by employer; Team building opportunities; Parking available; Travel insurance
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current field of study?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment; Part time enrollment
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer, Team building opportunities, Parking available, Travel insurance
Long term benefits
Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.